There are few things more important for your overall health and wellness than staying hydrated. The human body is made up of roughly 60% water, so it’s easy to understand why staying hydrated is so important. But let’s be honest – staying hydrated isn’t always easy, especially in the warmer weather months. Enter fruit infused water recipes – my new favorite way to stay hydrated all year long.
Fruit infused water is a delicious, easy addition to your daily routine. I often get tired of chugging plain water all day long, but fruit infused water switches things up in a fun and tasty way. I love trying out different infused water recipes and finding new ones that I love. It’s always such a refreshing choice, and I’ve been staying more hydrated ever since incorporating it into my day. Read on for my favorite fruit infused water recipes!
WHY I LOVE FRUIT INFUSED WATER
I’ve always found it hard to stay hydrated. Science says that you’re supposed to drink roughly half your body weight in ounces each day, and let’s be honest – that’s a lot of water. And while I’m not someone who minds drinking water or dislikes the taste, when you’re trying to drink that much water, it can get old pretty quickly.
When I discovered the magic of fruit infused water, it totally changed the game for me. Suddenly, drinking water wasn’t boring or a chore – it wasn’t just one more thing to check off my list each day. It was fun and exciting, because I could create any flavor combination that I wanted. I could experiment with fruits and herbs, trying out new combinations to discover ones that I loved.
I love how refreshing it is, especially in the summertime. There’s nothing better than coming inside from the heat to a cold, light, and fruity beverage that I know is good for me and is boosting my hydration levels to restore what the summer sun has stolen. Instead of reaching for a sugary drink filled with added sugars and flavorings, I know that I’m drinking something that will make me feel great both in the moment and in the long run.
I also love how easy it is to make. I can make my own infused water from home in just a few minutes, making it a low-hassle treat. I don’t know you, but as a busy mom, I don’t always have time to spend hours in the kitchen, which often results in me just grabbing something quick on the go. By taking just a couple of minutes to prep my fruit infused water, I’m ready to just pour and go, which is always a win in my book.
BENEFITS OF FRUIT INFUSED WATER
There are so many reasons to love fruit infused water. In addition to the fact that it’s simply SO pretty and aesthetically pleasing (Instagrammable moment, anyone?), it has a bunch of different health benefits that your body will thank you for. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Hydration? No problem! – As we’ve already discussed, fruit infused water makes staying hydrated so much easier and more fun. And avoiding dehydration is more important than you may realize. When you’re properly hydrated, it boosts your sleep quality, mental capability, and mood. It also helps your body to stay regulated and healthy – staying hydrated is one of the keys to not getting sick! Additionally, staying hydrated helps reduce fatigue and headaches, prevents cramps, helps your joints stay well-lubricated, and is even crucial to keeping your organs functioning properly. Feel like grabbing another glass of water yet?
- Reduce your sugar intake – If you’re anything like me, you don’t want to drink plain water all the time. But when you drink beverages other than water, you end up putting so much sugar and so many empty calories into your body. Whether you find yourself reaching for soda, coffee, or juice, it would probably be shocking to know how much unnecessary sugar you’re ingesting. Fruit infused water is great because it gives you the fun and flavor of a different beverage without all of the sugar and calories. It’s all natural and a choice that’s great for your body!
- Up your vitamin intake – Speaking of being great for your body, one of my favorite things about drinking infused water is all of the nutritional benefit that comes along with it! Drinking water is already a fantastic choice for your overall help, but when you add even more good stuff to your water like fruits, veggies, or herbs, you’re naturally upping your vitamin and mineral intake. Just by sipping a glass of infused water, you’ll be getting benefits like increased Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and more.
In addition to the health benefits, fruit infused water is kind to your wallet as well as your body. Other beverages like juices, sodas, and fancy coffees can quickly add up, but infused water is a super affordable choice, especially because you can often make it with things that you already have laying around the kitchen. I love the simplicity and ease of it, and that I can make something delicious with so little effort and investment. My whole family loves it!
HOW I MAKE FRUIT INFUSED WATER AT HOME
Making your own fruit infused water at home is super quick and easy, making it perfect for someone busy and always on the go. (Read: this girl right here!) With just a few simple steps, you can create your own fun and refreshing treat with these fruit infused water recipes! Here’s how I make my fruit infused water at home in just a few quick and easy steps:
- Select your favorite flavor combination from the list below, or create your own! The sky is the limit.
- Chop up the veggies, fruits, or herbs you plan to infuse in your water.
- Fill a pitcher, jug, or glass halfway full with the ingredients you want to infuse. Don’t feel like you have to skimp! The more you infuse with, the stronger your flavor will be, so keep that in mind.
- Fill the rest of the container with fresh cold water
- Cover container and refrigerate! You can let your water infuse anywhere from two hours to overnight – the longer you infuse, the stronger your flavor will be. Once your water is infused, it will be good for up to two days.
TOP 12 FRUIT INFUSED WATER RECIPES
I’ve been having so much fun experimenting with different fruit infused water combinations. Here are some of my favorites that I’ve discovered so far:
1. Strawberry + Pineapple
What could be more summery and delicious than strawberry and pineapple? I love the mixture of sweet and acidic, and this flavor combination always puts me in a summer mood.
2. Watermelon + Kiwi + Lime
Speaking of summery flavor combinations, this recipe always makes me feel tropical and ready for a day on the beach. Plus, watermelon adds even more hydration to the recipe for an added boost.
3. Orange + Lemon + Lime
Let’s hear it for the citrus moment! One of the first things I think of when I think about creating infused water is citrus, so I love combining the three for the perfect refreshing choice.
4. Pineapple + Orange + Lime
Another deliciously tropical choice, this recipe makes me feel like I’m at my favorite resort. Added points if you drink it while enjoying some midafternoon sun!
5. Blackberries + Orange + Ginger
Talk about an antioxidant powerhouse! If I want a little extra immune-boosting power, this is one of my go-to recipes. It’s rich in antioxidants and vitamins, and makes me feel great.
6. Mint + Cucumber
Is there anything more refreshing than a glass of mint and cucumber water? I love to infuse water with fresh mint leaves, and love the hydration boost that the cucumber provides.
7. Blueberries + Lemon + Rosemary
This flavor combination just reminds me of a summer picnic. The rosemary adds a great contrast, and is there anything prettier than a glass of water filled with blueberries and lemon slices?
8. Kiwi + Orange
Another great combination that’s high in Vitamin C is kiwi and orange. It’s such a delicious and fruity choice!
9. Lime + Jalapeño + Cilantro
Are you a sucker for a good spicy marg? You might not think that it would work as an infused water recipe, but trust me – I’m obsessed.
10. Mango + Ginger
If you’re looking for an infused water recipe that’s great for digestion, mango and ginger is your new go-to. The two flavors are so different, but pair remarkably well!
11. Strawberry + Lemon + Basil
Want the taste of a strawberry lemonade with a bit of an elevated twist? I love combining strawberry, lemon, and basil for a combination that’s sweet, summery, and refreshing.
12. Watermelon + Pineapple + Strawberry + Orange
The ultimate fruity summer combo is here, and trust me, you have to try it. This fruit infused water recipe has a great flavor that’s like a fruit punch, and is one that your kids will love just as much as you do!
I’m planning to start keeping a jug of fruit infused water in the fridge at all times, and I’ve found that it’s also a great choice to have on hand if you’re planning to host! If you want to have friends over for drinks but have been considering cutting out alcohol, break out your fruit infused water recipes to give your guests a few flavors of infused water a try. I also have a lot of fun dressing glasses of infused water up mocktail style to add some extra flair to the beverages. Just let the water begin infusing the night before, and you have the easiest plan ever for the event to come!
SHOP PITCHERS FOR YOUR WATER:
SHARE ON PINTEREST: