Let’s first set the record straight, you don’t need to have a closet full of brand name clothes and accessories to have a luxury closet. By definition, luxury actually means ‘the state of great comfort and extravagant living’. No where in that definition does it say that you have to spend a certain amount of money towards brand names that cost a minimum of $300 for a scarf. Instead, let luxury be a style that is comfortable for you and gives off a level of extravagance.
SHOP THE POST:
Over the years, I have built a luxe wardrobe that barely includes any brand name pieces. There are probably a few brand name accessories that I have splurged on, but the majority of my wardrobe is budget-friendly. As my wardrobe has grown to be more luxe, I realized the main things that I focus on as I have been building and I want to share those tips with you.
- SPEAK TO YOUR STYLE – When building your luxury wardrobe, make sure that you’re wearing clothes that speak to your personal style. Yes, we often find inspiration in what others wear, but be inspired by it instead of completely replicating it.
- START NEUTRAL AND THEN ADD SOME FLARE – One of the main things that you see in a lot of luxury looks is that there are a lot of neutral colors that are layered over. Some of the looks then have accent pieces whether it is an accessory or one of the pieces of clothing that are being worn.
- FOCUS ON COMFORT – As you see in the definition, luxury is about great comfort. So make sure that you’re comfortable. If you’re not comfortable in what you’re wearing, whether it be physical comfort or mental/emotional comfort, then you’re not fully wearing a luxury look.
- DON’T GET STUC IN THE BRAND NAME RUT – Get out of the mindset that you can only have a luxury style if you don’t have brand name clothing.
- WEAR IT WITH CONFIDENCE – A luxury look is only luxury when you wear it with confidence. If you’re not rocking the look than it doesn’t matter whether you’re wearing brand name or not, the look just won’t be the luxury look that you’re looking for.
As you take in these suggestions, start considering what is already in your closet and how you can begin to transition clothes out of your closet to begin building the wardrobe that you want. Additionally, I am constantly sharing luxe pieces to build your luxury wardrobe on my LivingLesh LiketoKnow.It page. So make sure to follow me there and then you can shop directly through Instagram or you can head to the link in the navigation and head over to the LivingLesh shop page as all of the pieces in my closet are found there as well.
But to kick you off, I’ve included some affordable pieces that you can snag to begin building your luxury wardrobe.