It’s pretty apparent that the cold is here to stay for quite some time. If you’ve been watching the news, even some of the states that don’t get the cold from the Winter are experiencing snow and cold blasts. Typically, as the Winter gets colder and colder, our dresses slink further back in our closet and we avoid them altogether. But that doesn’t need to be the case. There are plenty of ways to transition your closet for the cold weather and keep your dresses at the forefront of your closet so that you can wear some of the short-sleeved ones in the winter with some layering, or simply get some simplistic Winter dresses to wear during the cold months.
Why WEAR WINTER DRESSES
You may be asking – ‘why would I want to wear a dress during the Winter?’ I get it. It’s cold. Most of the time, we all just want to stay in the house under a blanket and keep warm. And if we have to go outside, we tend to bundle up and that usually is with pants, thick coats, hats, and gloves. It’s a part of my wardrobe too. I have tons of loungewear that I can go out in and I typically stick to wearing just that. But there are occasions in the Winter when you may want to wear a dress such as Valentine’s Day, date night, or a wedding. Or you may just love dresses and skirts and you’re finding a way to wear them during the Winter.
At the beginning of each season, I typically stock up on some Winter dresses. One of them is this satin lounge dress that is the perfect dress for those who want to wear something simple, yet chic and still remain super comfortable. It is a lounge dress means that you are getting the comfort of wearing loungewear while still looking dressed up.
You can see more of my recent Winter closet additions by heading to the shop page in my navigation, and I’m also including some stunning dresses that would be a great addition to your closet this winter. You can use the same tricks to wear dresses during the Winter as the fashion hack used to wear skirts during the Winter. You can also layer underneath your short-sleeved dresses to make them long-sleeved, or you may just want to stock up on some simplistic Winter dresses.
How To LAYER WINTER DRESSES
Wearing dresses in the winter can be a bit tricky – you don’t want to freeze, but you also don’t want to look frumpy. The key is to find the right balance between style and comfort.
Start by layering a thick pair of tights or leggings under your dress. Then, add a cardigan, coat, or sweater on top. You can also add a scarf or hat to keep your head and neck warm. Finally, make sure to wear a pair of boots or booties that will keep your feet warm and dry. With these tips, you’ll be able to rock a dress all winter long!
- Layer your dresses with shirts, sweaters, or jackets. This will not only keep you warm, but it will also add some visual interest to your outfit.
- Find dresses made from heavyweight fabrics like wool or cashmere. These dresses will keep you warm without being too bulky.
- Choose darker-colored dresses. Winter is a great time to wear darker-hued clothing, as it will help you blend in with the shorter days and longer nights.
- Accessorize with warm items like tights, scarves, and boots. These items will not only keep you warm, but they will
Show Off YOUR WINTER DRESSES FLAWLESSLY WITH THESE LAYERING TIPS
My go-to layering tips:
- Start with a basic dress that is lightweight and easy to layer over. A long sleeve dress is a great option.
- Add a turtleneck or sweater over the dress. If you want to show off the neckline of the dress, go for a turtleneck. If you want to keep things more casual, a sweater is a great option.
- Layer on a scarf or statement necklace. This is a great way to add.
If you are looking for an edgier look:
- Start with a basic dress that is lightweight and easy to layer over.
- Add a turtleneck or sweater over the dress.
- Add lined tights
- Add thigh-high boots and a faux leather jacket
- Finish off with a black or printed clutch
The absolute best thing about winter dresses is the variety of choices you have! This season, don’t overthink your winter wardrobe. Instead, opt for simplicity with these winter dresses. From the office to the weekend, these dresses will keep you feeling warm and looking chic.
What are the top 3 shoes to wear with winter dresses?
The top 3 I would recommend
– Knee High Boots
– Nude Heels
– Ankle Boots
I’m not a fan of layering can I still wear dresses?
Absolutely! Like the dress, I have shown here and many others in my recent Winter closet additions. You don’t have to layer. Long midi, full-length, or sweater dresses are great to wear this winter. You can also check out my Long Sleeve Mini Dresses Under $100 as these dresses are great for any occasion and will keep you warm.
What kind of jewelry should you wear with winter dresses?
Dainty Jewelry or statement necklaces are great accessories to pair with your simplistic winter dresses. It will give the dress the full attention as the focal point of your outfit. Huggie hoop earrings would be a great subtle accessory to help dress up or down your long sleeve mini dress.