One thing is for sure about my wardrobe is that in the Spring and Summer, I am definitely going to have at least two rompers in my closet just like how in the Fall and Winter, make sure to have at least two jumpers in my closet. Yes, rompers and jumpers can be a pain to wear because you pretty much have to get naked to wear them, but every season there are so many prints, styles, and ways to wear them that I absolutely just fall in love. Rompers are trending pieces in the summer, and there lots of designs that fit multiple personal styles, which is why I wanted to round up a collection of summer rompers to shop that are under $50.
SHOP THIS POST:
STYLING ROMPERS THIS SUMMER
Similar to how there are ways to style rompers during the Spring, there is a way to style rompers during the Summer that takes the Spring styling and sheds a few layers. Typically, when I share styling tips, I focus heavily on sharing how to make one piece purposeful for multiple looks especially through the use of layering. But, of course, in the Summer, we won’t want to be layering a lot of clothing because of the heat.
I don’t want you to think that you’ll be buying a romper and it will only last one season and it can only be styled for one look. That’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying that it’s going to take a little bit of creativity and a deeper dive into your closet to see what you have. When it comes to styling rompers for the summer, I typically suggest making the romper the central piece and use accessories to change the style and create different looks. Some simple ways of styling are:
- USE A BELT TO CINCH THE WAIST (YOU DON’T HAVE TO RELY ON THE BELT THAT COMES WITH THE ROMPER EITHER)
- WEAR DIFFERENT TYPES OF JEWELRY – LAYERED NECKLACES, STATEMENT EARRINGS, ETC.
- MAKE IT CASUAL OR DRESSY WITH YOUR SHOES – SHOES MAKE THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE WHEN IT COMES TO WHETHER A LOOK WILL BE DRESSY OR CASUAL
- PLAY WITH YOUR HAIR – THE WAY YOU STYLE YOUR HAIR AND THE ACCESSORIES YOU USE CAN MAKE AN OUTFIT LOOK COMPLETELY DIFFERENT…IT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SHOWING YOUR SHOULDERS AND NECKLINE OR NOT
- CLUTCH, BACKPACK, OR SATCHEL – HANDBAGS MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE
There are so many simple ways to style a romper in the summer with a few simple changes that only take minutes to decide on. Plus it gives you the challenge of getting creative with your accessories. We all tend to stock up on accessories and end up leaving them in corners or completely forgetting that we have so many. If you’re like me, I tend to lean on the same accessories over and over again, but when styling my rompers, I go deeper into my accessory collection and change things up.